If patients’ skin becomes irritated within the first 4 weeks of therapy, you can recommend a non-comedogenic moisturizer or a reduction in the frequency of application of Epiduo Forte Gel.
Epiduo Forte Gel
Instruct Patients To:
- Wash their face with a gentle, non-soap cleanser like Cetaphil® DERMACONTROL™ Foam Wash
- Dry without scrubbing, using a soft towel
- Spread a pea-sized amount of Epiduo Forte (adapalene and benzoyl peroxide) Gel, 0.3%/2.5% in a thin layer over the affected areas of the face. Avoid eyes and lips and other areas where skin is thin like the inside of your nose.
- Remind patients to wash their hands after applying Epiduo Forte Gel, and to wait for the gel to dry completely before getting dressed.
- Apply a gentle moisturizer, preferably one with SPF protection, during the day like Cetaphil® DERMACONTROL™ Moisturizer SPF 30